Dell's Original Uncoverage Logo by Antonio F. Branco, Comically Incorrect

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Veteran’s Day Activities Rule - Elderly Blogger To Honor Vets

Veteran’s Day Activities Rule


Elderly Blogger To Honor Vets



By Dell Hill

When it comes to Veterans and organizations that serve Veterans, I’m what you’d call a glutton for punishment.

 


My families rich history of military service extends back as far as the eye can see and I’ve always believed that service organizations such as the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars should be actively supported.  I’ve been a member of the American Legion for about a thousand years and recently was elected Junior Vice President of the Morrisville, Vermont chapter of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Men’s Auxiliary.

With Veteran’s Day upon us, there are several events scheduled this Thursday and Friday and I’m directly involved with almost all of them.  That means that my blogging effort will be a little “thin” for a few hours.

I’ve written and posted nearly 200 items over the past 38 days, taking only a few hours off here and there to gulp down a sandwich or catch the finish of a NASCAR race before returning to my battle station behind the keyboard.  I hope you’ll take a few minutes to browse the archives and catch up on some of the posts you’ve missed over that time.

Lord willing, I’ll be back in action Saturday morning, dark and early.

Thanks for your continued support!

DRH
United States Army
Vermont Army National Guard
Virginia Army National Guard
1963 - 1967

No comments:

Post a Comment